Thirteen years ago, my life was very
different than it is right now. Friends
and family related my life at the time, to watching a “bar brawl” from the
outside looking in. I was keeping my
fists up, attempting to stand my ground yet, inevitably getting beat to an
emotional and mental pulp. For a year, I
remained it that battle – by my own doing, refusing to “tap out”. I don’t remember if it was because of pride
or fear that I refused the cries that came from “outside the bar”. These cries were strong, loud, powerful. A war-cry if you will, of those who were
stronger than I was. Eventually, I came
to the point of such brokenness that I allowed them in.These were men and women, family and friends, books and resources that helped mold me into a fighter in training. Better training. Smarter training. Tactical as well as strategic that has spanned these last few years and specifically the last year. Yet, it wasn’t until the last few months – literally, that I realized what I was going through previously and why. Over and over I come across the verse:
Genesis
50:20 ~ “You intended to harm me, but God intended it all for good. He brought me to this position so I could save
the lives of many people.”
Even as I
type those words, I shed tears. God
intended it. God allowed it. And through the prayers of the witnesses of
the “bar brawl” God placed HIS hedge of protection around me to bring me to the
point where I am now better equipped to aid others as they go through their own
personal “bar brawl” as well. It was as if the past years were a preparation of
an impending fight. And yet I never knew
it because I was viewing it at arm’s length.
I wasn’t seeing the big picture.
But over the past twenty-four hours it was as if God raised the curtain. Through the cries, I receive within my work,
as well as dear friends and family who struggle as well, I am witnessing “bar
brawls” all around me. Marriages and
families are in a “death match” against forces that are entirely unseen.
Ephesians
6:12 ~
“For we are
not fighting against flesh-and-blood enemies, but against evil rulers and
authorities of the unseen world, against mighty powers in this dark world, and
against evil spirits in the heavenly places.”
So, what am I going to do about it? What action am I going to take? I know what those emotional blows feel like. I survived round after round - but not on my own. This revelation is where I was yesterday as I began to pray strategically for a “bar brawl” that was occurring miles away that hit so very close to home. The searing pain was as fresh as it was when my own battle first occurred. The pain gave way to anger but now in complete focus on who that anger was to be directed to. His strategy has never changed. He was attempting to steal, kill and destroy, once again a marriage. Pummeling away at the core of yet another family.
John 10:10 ~
So, what am I going to do about it? What action am I going to take? I know what those emotional blows feel like. I survived round after round - but not on my own. This revelation is where I was yesterday as I began to pray strategically for a “bar brawl” that was occurring miles away that hit so very close to home. The searing pain was as fresh as it was when my own battle first occurred. The pain gave way to anger but now in complete focus on who that anger was to be directed to. His strategy has never changed. He was attempting to steal, kill and destroy, once again a marriage. Pummeling away at the core of yet another family.
John 10:10 ~
“The thief’s
purpose is to steal and kill and destroy. My [Jesus] purpose is to give them a
rich and satisfying life.”
Well today the gloves come off. I will not stand behind that “bar door” any longer. Enough is enough. If it is a
fight he wants…he’s got it.
Ephesians 6:11 & 18 ~
Well today the gloves come off. I will not stand behind that “bar door” any longer. Enough is enough. If it is a
fight he wants…he’s got it.
Ephesians 6:11 & 18 ~
“….Put on
all of God’s armor so that you will be able to stand firm against all
strategies of the devil….Pray in the Spirit at all times and on every occasion.
Stay alert and be persistent in your prayers for all believers everywhere.”
No comments:
Post a Comment